[rt-users] "Hidden" tickets suddenly appear

Jim Brandt jbrandt at bestpractical.com
Tue Nov 8 11:12:41 EST 2016

On 11/8/16 10:37 AM, Jeff Blaine wrote:
>> You need to find out what is preventing the ticket from showing up in
>> your query. One of your AND conditions may not be met so the ticket
>> does not show up. Are you saving your Email that is creating the missed
>> tickets? You could try submitting a similar Email to see if it has the
>> same visibility problem. Also, do you have any customizations? Sometimes
>> a change can have unusual ramifications down the line.
>
> Another "hidden" ticket appeared last week (11/4) in the search results.
> It is ~7 months old.
>
> * Ticket has zero transactions

Rights could also cause this, assuming you're not running as a
SuperUser. Every ticket would at least have a "Ticket created"
transaction, but if you're not seeing it, it could be that some rights
are limiting your view of ticket history and possibly seeing the ticket
itself based on some criteria.

It would be worth looking at the ticket as a SuperUser just to make sure
you're seeing all of the history.