[rt-users] avoiding duplicate emails for transaction types

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Tue Nov 8 14:12:51 EST 2016

Hi all,
I'm setting up some email notifications, and am wondering how RT handles
sub-types of transactions.

I'm making a template to be used when a ticket is created, and others for
when a ticket has its status or priority changed. Those three are all
transactions, but I also have a template that is used for all transactions,
to cover anything else. Will RT see that it already has a script assigned
to, say, creation and not trigger the general transaction one, or will it
run both? Am I better off making or modifying scripts for each transaction
type I want, or, like naming templates the same as global ones in queues,
will RT be able to handle multiple scripts for one event in a hierarchical
way?

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department