[rt-users] Safe to upgrade from MySQL5.5?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Thu Nov 10 16:52:35 EST 2016

Hello all,
I think I already know the answer, but I want to be sure. I'm running MySQL
5.5 on Debian 8, RT 4.4.1. I want to go to 5.6 or 5.7 to enable full text
search. Are there any potential problems in doing this? Does RT use any
aspect of MySQL that would be affected by any of the changes made in MySQL
between 5.5 and 5.7? Is there anything else, aside from backing up, I
should know or consider before upgrading? Thanks.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall at autodist.com