[rt-users] Unable to create tickets after MySQL update?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Mon Nov 14 11:37:02 EST 2016

Hello again all,
I just discovered I have a more serious problem than full-text indexing not
working. I'm getting an error when anyone tries to make a ticket, and the
ticket is never created. Here's the message:

Nov 14 11:31:03 server24 RT: [2522] DBD::mysql::st execute failed:
Incorrect integer value: 'ARRAY(0x18325928)' for column 'Priority' at row 1
at /usr/share/perl5/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 586.

I have the PriorityAsString extension installed, but that's been working
perfectly for weeks. I've also modified some files so that the user can
select a priority on the main ticket creation page instead of going to the
details view, but that's also been working smoothly. The only major change
is the MySQL 5.5 upgrade to 5.7, but why that would be the cause, given the
error message, I'm not sure. If RT were trying to insert a string like that
before, it should have never worked. Is there anything I can do to fix
this? I'd rather not revert to 5.5, because I still want that full-text
indexing at some point and would rather fix this problem so I can keep
trying to do that. Thanks!

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department