[rt-users] Timezone set to GMT?

Landon Stewart lstewart at internap.com
Sat Nov 19 01:17:11 EST 2016

On Nov 18, 2016, at 11:40 AM, Alex Hall <ahall at autodist.com<mailto:ahall at autodist.com>> wrote:

Hi all,
I have the timezone set in SiteConfig how it came by default, and /etc/timezone on my server is correct. Yet, I've just noticed that times in RT are GMT, not Eastern like they should be. I only just noticed this, but I'm told it has been an ongoing problem. That means I don't know what I might have changed, or when.

Is there more to the timezone than letting RT pick it up from /etc/timezone? Do I need to worry about setting MySQL somehow? The file is 644, so is readable by everyone. Thanks.

This is probably already set in the shipped configuration in etc/RT_Config.pm as follows but you can override it in etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm

       $Timezone
           $Timezone is the default timezone, used to convert times entered by users into GMT, as they are stored in the database, and back again;
           users can override this.  It should be set to a timezone recognized by your server.

eg:
Set($Timezone, "US/Eastern");

--
Landon Stewart
Lead Analyst - Abuse and Security Management