[rt-users] Deleting one attachment

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Wed Oct 19 12:39:04 EDT 2016

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Ram <ram0502 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> A user at work added an attachment that violates corporate policy to a
> ticket; the ticket itself is valid and must be kept. I need to delete the
> attachment. A quick look at the rt-shredder tool does not make it apparent
> to me how to do this with rt-shredder. I can readily do it editing the db in
> mysql but I'd rather use rt-shredder if it will do the job.
> any help?

Running 4.2.12 here...

# /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-shredder --plugin list
Plugins list:
    Objects
    SQLDump
    Summary
    Tickets
    Attachments
    Users

So it looks like it can shred attachments.

/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-shredder --plugin help-Attachments
USAGE
  masks
    If any argument is marked with keyword `mask' then it means that this
    argument support two special characters:

    1) `*' matches any non empty sequence of the characters. For example
    `*@example.com' will match any email address in `example.com' domain.

    2) `?' matches exactly one character. For example `????' will match any
    string four characters long.

NAME
    RT::Shredder::Plugin::Attachments - search plugin for wiping
    attachments.

ARGUMENTS
  files_only - boolean value
    Search only file attachments.

  file - mask
    Search files with specific file name only.

    Example: '*.xl?' or '*.gif'

  longer - attachment content size
    Search attachments which content is longer than specified. You can use
    trailing 'K' or 'M' character to specify size in kilobytes or megabytes.

Then perhaps something like:

/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-shredder --plugin
Attachments=files_only,1;file,some_secret_document.pdf

I didn't try the above and I would _for sure_ try it on a test system
first - at least a test ticket with a test attachment.

-m