[rt-users] Best web server for RT4?

Christian Loos cloos at netcologne.de
Fri Sep 2 01:48:39 EDT 2016

Am 01.09.2016 um 20:15 schrieb Alex Hall:
> I'm either missing something very obvious, or the Debian package for RT
> isn't working correctly. Installing with the latest source, though, was
> a nightmare.

First of all, read the docs. Especially the Debian docs, as installing
RT as a Debian package works different than install RT from Source,
which the Best Practical documentation describes.

In Debian the RT config is managed by files under
/etc/request-tracker4/RT_SiteConfig.d/. If you change something in one
of these files, you have to run the command update-rt-siteconfig, which
actually builds the /etc/request-tracker4/RT_SiteConfig.pm file.

Did you install the rt4-fcgi package?
This will install everything you need for a nginx web deployment.
/etc/init.d/rt4-fcgi would then reload the RT configuration.

Why was installing from source a nightmare?
We actually use RT from source on Debian for years, and it works great.

Chris