[rt-users] Database again stuck at SQLite?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Wed Sep 14 09:00:48 EDT 2016

Hello all,
I'm getting a bit desperate. I have no idea why the setting in
51-dbconfig-common and the main SiteConfig.pm file are both 'mysql', but
the error when my FCGI server starts clearly indicates that RT is trying to
connect to a SQLite database. I've run update-rt-siteconfig, and I've tried
to run dbconfig-common; the latter doesn't exist, and I just get an error
from the shell that it doesn't know the command. The former works fine, as
indicated by all the settings being in the .pm file, but never actually
seems to apply those settings for some reason.

I've even re-installed both RT and rt4-db-mysql, but that didn't make any
difference as, for some reason, the initial package configuration for RT
didn't appear. I've also changed the database type in
/etc/dbconfig-common/request-tracker4.conf, but again, to no avail. Perhaps
there's a way of applying dbconfig-common changes I don't know?

If anyone has any ideas about how I might get RT on the right backend,
please, please send them along. We haven't been able to move RT to a local
server, and thus start testing it with a wider pool of users, for two days
because of this problem. My boss isn't happy, and I'm stuck.

ahall at autodist.com