[rt-users] Database again stuck at SQLite?

Martin Wheldon martin.wheldon at greenhills-it.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 10:02:58 EDT 2016

Hi Alex,

I've not run a Debian packaged install for a long time, but looking at
the package dependancies
I think the following may help.

How did you do the package install? If you ran the following it should
just work.
$ sudo apt-get install request-tracker4 rt4-db-mysql

If however you just installed the request-tracker4 package it would
install rt4-db-sqlite and you
will experience all kinds of issues like the ones you are describing.

The following should fix your issues:

$ sudo apt-get remove --purge request-tracker4 rt4-*
$ sudo apt-get autoremove
$ sudo apt-get install request-tracker4 rt4-db-mysql

Hope that helps

Martin