[rt-users] AdminCC on Queue Change

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Wed Sep 14 15:32:23 EDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 1:20 PM, Scott Koch <scottkoch at gmail.com> wrote:
> RT Version: 4.2.12 (install has existed since 2003 and survived many major
> upgrades)
>
> Expected Behavior: When I move a existing ticket from one queue to another,
> the new queues AdminCCs will apply to that ticket for future comments and
> correspondences. I'm not expecting to see that particular tickets's AdminCC
> settings change, but I expect when a comment is made that the queues AdminCC
> members show up in the BCC field of comment and correspondence emails.
>
> Actual Behavior:  On comments and correspondences to the moved ticket, it
> behaves as if there are no AdminCCs set on that queue, despite there being
> queue-wide AdminCCs set. The queue in question works as expected for the
> same AdminCCs when a ticket is created directly in that queue. I am not on
> the AdminCC list, so my actions should not be subject to the NotifyActor
> setting.

The way you worded this last sentence gives the impression that you
have a different understanding of NotifyActor than I do. Perhaps it is
just how I read the sentence, but perhaps not.

NotifyActor doesn't necessarily have anything to do with AdminCcs. It
has to do with the creator of the transaction (actor) and any email
recipients from scrips that would fire off from said transaction.
Generally "Notify" type actions will check if any of the recipients
are the actor of the txn, if they are, then those recipients won't get
an email - unless a configuration is set to do so.

> I am trying to figure out if this feature, lets call it "Tickets moved to a
> new queue are affected by AdminCC of new queue", should be:
> - Something that should just work in RT out of the box(not a
> scrip/extention/site modification etc), this was my assumption initially

Nope. It would be a scrip.

> - Something that is handled by a default scrip (we have done a lot of scrip
> additions, modifications, and possibly deletions? so i'm suspect of our
> current scrips)

I don't recall if there is a scrip out of the gates that does this. From:

https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/blob/stable/etc/initialdata

it doesn't look like there is a notify for ticket's queue changing.

> - Something that we can create our own scrip to handle

Here is our scrip. It runs under transaction batch:

rt4=# select * from scrips where id = 75 :G
-[ RECORD 1 ]----------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------
id                     | 75
description            | On Queue Change if Owner is Nobody Notify AdminCcs
scripcondition         | 10
scripaction            | 8
customisapplicablecode | my $is_queue_changed = 0;
                       | my $is_owner_changed = 0;
                       |
                       | # We make a note of the owner because we have
another scrip
                       | # which will email the AdminCcs if the owner
is being changed
                       | # to or from Nobody
                       |
                       | my $is_owner_nobody  =
($self->TicketObj->Owner == RT::Nobody->id);

                       | my $batch = $self->TicketObj->TransactionBatch;
                       |
                       | if ($batch && ref($batch)) {
                       |     for my $txn (@$batch) {
                       |         if (($txn->Field || q{}) eq 'Queue') {
                       |             $is_queue_changed = 1;
                       |         }
                       |         elsif (
                       |             ($txn->Field || q{}) eq 'Owner'
                       |             &&
                       |             ($txn->Type || q{}) eq 'SetWatcher'
                       |         ) {
                       |             $is_owner_changed = 1;
                       |         }
                       |     }
                       | }
                       |
                       | return ($is_queue_changed && !
$is_owner_changed && $is_owner_nobody);
custompreparecode      |
customcommitcode       |
template               | Queue Change
creator                | 123670
created                | 2014-06-09 21:08:54
lastupdatedby          | 123670
lastupdated            | 2014-06-09 21:09:44
disabled               | 0

> - Or am I completely missing something?

I don't think you are missing anything. If it used to work, then check
your scrips and if those look in order, look at logs or start adding
debugging statements to the code.

> Any information that can be provided about how queue AdminCCs apply to
> tickets(especially those moved to the queue, instead of create) would be
> greatly appreciated.

Queue adminccs exist as well as ticket adminccs - at the end of the
day, they are both adminccs, but the queue ones exist more in the
background - you don't see them on the ticket display page.

-m