[rt-users] Enabling extensions in RT4.2.8?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Fri Sep 23 15:20:17 EDT 2016

Okay, good to know about the permissions and deleting everything below
mason_data/obj. I re-created the obj directory and set it to
www-data:www-data 755.

I ran perl -c on the main config file, with the two plugin lines commented
out and not, and on the RT_SiteConfig.d/70-plugins file I made that holds
those lines. In all three cases, Perl reports that the syntax is okay.

To make sure I'm not going nuts from all the things I've tried recently, I
tested things once more. I commented out the plugin lines, ran
update-rt-siteconfig and update-rt-siteconfig-4 (what's the difference?),
and tried to spawn the FCGI server. It worked. Uncommented, and the FCGI
server exited with status code 255 when not commented. Oh, between the two
attempts I also ran the delete command you sent. Is there a step I'm
missing? Maybe something so obvious you didn't think to mention it? This is
clearly atypical for RT plugins, so it almost has to be something I'm
missing/doing wrong.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department