[rt-users] Showing tickets for which the user is a CC on the homepage?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Thu Sep 29 16:48:37 EDT 2016

To be clear, I did try the saved search route. However, I don't know if
users can add saved searches so they load right on the homepage without the
user first needing to click the right saved search. I've tried to
investigate this, but the dashboard builder isn't very accessible, or I
have no clue how to make sense of it.

The bigger problem is that the query I tried doesn't seem to work. My query
is:

(requester = '__CurrentUser__' OR CC = '__CurrentUser__')
AND ( Status = 'new' OR Status = 'open' OR Status = 'stalled' )

This returns one ticket, which is nothing to do with me at all. I hoped to
make this saved search, somehow make it global, then somehow enable it for
all users' homepages, but I'm not even past the "getting the search to
work" stage. As RT shows owned and new tickets on its own, I'm hoping
there's a way to get this search to work in a similar manner, once it finds
what I want.

ahall at autodist.com