[rt-users] rt-mailgate in lab environment stopped working

Cena, Stephen (ext. 300) SJC at qvii.com
Thu Feb 2 16:23:13 EST 2017

I've been beating my head against this for days now and can't figure this out. I original had (as much as possible) a clone of our production environment in a lab. I reached a point where I was forced to re-IP the lab environment which went well. Now, rt-mailgate simply doesn't work. Outbound mail does work (postfix). If I use the /etc/aliases file for commands like I usually to, fetchmail attempts to contact an SMTP server for local delivery. If I actually embed the rt-mailgate command inside fetchmailrc I now get "http request failed: 500 can't connect to SERVER:80. Web server logs may have more info". I can't find anything.

I've put in a new mail server to see if that was the issue, but I simply cannot get the lab server to pick up mail anymore. As far as I can tell, DNS is functioning properly. What am I missing?

Stephen Cena
Senior Systems Administrator
Quality Vision International, Inc.
Phone: (585) 544-0450 x300