[rt-users] Tickets sent encrypted via SMIME don't store user attachments at creation

Aaron White w531t4 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 15:00:14 EST 2017

Hi all. I have 4.4.1 installed on a latest rev centos 6 box. We utilize smime to encrypt emails to our users, and that has been working just fine. The issue I'm experiencing is that when I open the web dialog to create a ticket, ensure 'encrypted' is checked, drag an attachment over the Dropbox area (to which I see the upload bar complete and I see a pic of the jpg I attached), and submit the ticket... I get an encrypted email from RT as expected, however no attachment. Additionally, when I look at the ticket in the web portal, it lists a 'smime.p7s' file as an attachment.. instead of my cat.jpg file.  If I create a ticket without encryption, the attachment behaves as expected (email includes cat.jpg, web page for ticket shows cat,jpg as an attachment). If I attach cat.jpg to the encrypted ticket after it is already created, the attachment shows up as expected.

 I haven't been able to find any related posts online about the smime.p7s file via google, outside of some folks accepting that they exist and desire to have them Automatically trimmed from the database. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can poke to get some additional insight here? I've looked at the debug logs and callback dumps... nothing stood out as an error with attachments or smime..

Thanks!