No subject

Thu Oct 13 11:38:50 EDT 2022

English. In fact, this is even already done for a few words which are
translated from US English to UK English.

You could create your own translation file which converts all occurences of
"requestor" to "correspondant". If all of your clients use the same language
settings, this should be no problem.

Blaise

-----Message d'origine-----
De : J. Sloan [mailto:js138 at eng.cam.ac.uk]
Envoye : jeudi 20 fevrier 2003 15:07
A : rt-users
Objet : [rt-users] Terminological query - 'Requestor'

I have a slight issue or query regarding the term 'Requestor'.  It seems
from our point of view that this can be a slightly misleading term in the
following instance:

We have a role address (lets call it 'support') which has a queue of a
matching name.   When queries come in to this address the Requestor is
indeed an appropriate term for the person who submits that first email and
to whom correspondance but not comments to that ticket get directed.

However we also have a need to create tickets where support initiates the
email conversation.   We can do this by setting the 'Requestor' to be the
person to whom we wish to direct the email, causing their replies to be
correctly associated with the ticket as we desire.  However 'Requestor'
doesn't seem an appropriate name in that circumstance and there is some
concern that naiive users might become confused if they access these
tickets via the web.

Would 'Correspondant' not be a better term?

I can see that changing it might be a bit of a trauma, but it might be
worth considering nevertheless.

Alternatively if someone can suggest an alternate way of addressing this
particular need, I'm all ears.

Thanks.

John

Have you read the FAQ? The RT FAQ Manager lives at http://fsck.com/rtfm

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2D8F8.1A7A31E0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RE: [rt-users] Terminological query - 'Requestor'</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Have you had a look at how RT3 deals with =
internationalization? For each language, a file lets you map the =
original strings to the translated ones. From what I see, nothing =
prevents you from translating from English to English. In fact, this is =
even already done for a few words which are translated from US English =
to UK English. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>You could create your own translation file which =
converts all occurences of "requestor" to =
"correspondant". If all of your clients use the same language =
settings, this should be no problem.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Blaise</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-----Message d'origine-----</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>De : J. Sloan [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:js138 at eng.cam.ac.uk">mailto:js138 at eng.cam.ac.uk</A>]</FON=

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Envoye : jeudi 20 fevrier 2003 15:07</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>A : rt-users</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Objet : [rt-users] Terminological query - =
'Requestor'</FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have a slight issue or query regarding the term =
'Requestor'.  It seems</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>from our point of view that this can be a slightly =
misleading term in the</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>following instance:</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>We have a role address (lets call it 'support') which =
has a queue of a</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>matching name.   When queries come in to =
this address the Requestor is</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>indeed an appropriate term for the person who =
submits that first email and</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>to whom correspondance but not comments to that =
ticket get directed.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>However we also have a need to create tickets where =
support initiates the</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>email conversation.   We can do this by =
setting the 'Requestor' to be the</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>person to whom we wish to direct the email, causing =
their replies to be</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>correctly associated with the ticket as we =
desire.  However 'Requestor'</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>doesn't seem an appropriate name in that =
circumstance and there is some</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>concern that naiive users might become confused if =
they access these</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>tickets via the web.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Would 'Correspondant' not be a better term?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I can see that changing it might be a bit of a =
trauma, but it might be</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>worth considering nevertheless.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Alternatively if someone can suggest an alternate way =
of addressing this</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>particular need, I'm all ears.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>John</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>_______________________________________________</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>rt-users mailing list</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>rt-users at lists.fsck.com</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2><A =
HREF=3D"http://lists.fsck.com/mailman/listinfo/rt-users" =

</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Have you read the FAQ? The RT FAQ Manager lives at <A =
HREF=3D"http://fsck.com/rtfm" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://fsck.com/rtfm</A></FONT>
</P>

</BODY>