No subject

Thu Oct 13 11:38:50 EDT 2022

       o   <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="DBD::mysql">DBD::mysql</a> has a "reconnect" feature that handles the
           so-called MySQL "morning bug": If the server has dis-
           connected, most probably due to a timeout, then by
           default the driver will reconnect and attempt to exe-
           cute the same SQL statement again. However, this
           behaviour is disabled when AutoCommit is off: Other-
           wise the transaction state would be completely unpre-
           dictable after a reconnect.

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Ok, so is AutoCommit off in the RT code?  Or is this in the Apache module?
Lastly, can anyone think of a workaround?  I'm not opposed to scripting the
restart of the web server every day (as this is an 8-5 box) and getting away
from the problem that way, but I'm wondering if others will be having this
issue on servers that are 24x7.

Thanks,
  --Robert
  </pre>
It seems this problem is really related to FastCGI as it doesn't happen
with mod_perl. I guess the <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="Apache::Session">Apache::Session</a> module name doesn't start
with <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="Apache::">Apache::</a> for nothing. I didn't tested this with SpeedyCGI -- by
the way, can someone send a working speedycgi setup on RedHat 8 or 9 ?<br>
But well, as Red Hat's mod_perl truncates POST uploads (even on 8.0,
just checked it)... choose what you prefer : no attachment or errors ?<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Guillaume Perréal.

Responsable informatique,
Cemagref, groupement de Lyon,