[Rtir] Fonts & Unfolding of email-headers?

Jan Meijer jan.meijer at surfnet.nl
Wed Mar 10 09:56:16 EST 2004

Hi Przemek,

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Przemek Jaroszewski wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Jan Meijer wrote:
>
> > -When looking at an incident report the body of a mail is displayed using a
> > (like logging).  Is there a sane way to change the font *only* for the email?
>
> Ok, this hasn't really bothered me so far, but seems to be easy to fix:
> I can see this: <span class="message"></span> around the message, so
> playing with the SPAN.message style in NoAuth/webrt.css file should do the
> trick.
> Btw. All "design" of RT interface is css-based which is *really* handy :)

That I knew.  But finding the right knob to turn is something different ;).
Right.  For others that might want to change this: change it in
/usr/local/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/webrt.css (or /opt if you're using something
other then FreeBSD) and change the value to:

SPAN.message {
        font-size: 100%;
        font-family: Courier New, Courier, monospace;
}

the monospace is the default font in case your client does not support Courer
New.  According to our CSS person monospace is the standardized font for that
purpose.

> > -When all emailheaders are shown the headers are unfolded.  Because apparently
> > the headers dictate the width of the page; this causes other blocks of
> > information to be moved 'out-of-screen' resulting in an increase of left-right
> > scrolling.  Is there anything I can do about this?
>
> Yup, this is ugly. Can't think of an obvious way to solve it just yet.
> Will let you know when I take another look at the code.

Great :).

and many thanks :).

Jan

--
/~\ The ASCII                 /     Jan Meijer
\ / Ribbon Campaign        -- --    SURFnet bv