[Rtir] custom RT:SLA time?

david.falkenburger at rbc.com david.falkenburger at rbc.com
Thu Sep 23 10:56:46 EDT 2004

I think there should be a way of entering business days into the system, and
also have a way to put in holidays, blackout days etc. Then if the rule for
the sla is to only work within business hours then you would have to do
appropriate calculations. So if SLA is to have someone reply within 4
business hours and it happens late Friday afternoon, and Monday was a
holiday system should be able to calculate the target date of sometime on
Tuesday morning.

If sla was for low priority and say 7 business days, then you would have to
take into account weekends, holidays, available business hours each day.

Higher priority tickets might have rule of respond within 4 hours period,
not just business hours.

Not sure what you would do if someone changes the calendar mid stream. Go
back and recalculate all open tickets taking into account a new holiday day
and adjust their target dates accordingly? Gets complicated.

Now, having all this information in there is great, what would also be of
importance now would be to have a report that can show which tickets did not
make sla, and by how much.

Dave