[Rtir] custom RT:SLA time?

Linda L. Julien julien at bestpractical.com
Thu Sep 23 11:19:39 EDT 2004

david.falkenburger at rbc.com wrote:

> I think there should be a way of entering business days into the system,
> and also have a way to put in holidays, blackout days etc.

There is a way to enter business days/hour on a weeekly schedule (for
instance, Mondays 9am to 6pm, Tuesdays 10am to 5pm, etc.).

There isn't (currently) a way to enter holidays or other exceptions to
the regular schedule.  This would require additional features added to
the Business::Hours module.

> Not sure what you would do if someone changes the calendar mid stream.
> holiday day and adjust their target dates accordingly? Gets complicated.

One challenge with doing this is that some tickets' due dates might have
been manually changed, for a reason.  Re-writing these due dates
probably isn't what you want, and distinguishing between due dates set
by default due dates set by the system isn't currently a feature of RTIR.

Linda