[Rtir] MakeClicky weirdness

Ruediger Riediger ruediger.riediger at sun.com
Thu Feb 3 08:27:01 EST 2005


we have found a strange behaviour in .../html/RTIR/Elements/MakeClicky 
we have traced to the "host" discovery (it goes away when commenting out 
the 'Fdomain' regular expression) but are unable to identify.

We receive a lot of messages where the TLD of host names is all capital 
letters, e.g. <host.domain.Sun.COM>. Now - these host names are 
completely removed form messages when displayed in RTIR!

When they are <host.domain.sun.com>, this does not happen and MakeClicky 
substitutes the correct Lookup URL. We initially suspected an 
incompatibility with the 'GRIPE' entry [the only one checking for caps], 
but commenting this one out does not resolve the issue.

Anyone any idea?

BTW: TLDs can have more than 3 chars by now, e.g. .info ;-)

< Fdomain      => [ q[(?:[\w-]+\.)+[a-z]{2,3}], $cb{host}  ],
 > Fdomain      => [ q[(?:[\w-]+\.)+[a-z]{2,4}], $cb{host}  ],

Best regards,

	Ruediger Riediger

Dr. Ruediger Riediger                              Sun Microsystems GmbH
NSG - SunCERT                                             Komturstr. 18a
mailto:Ruediger.Riediger at Sun.com                          D-12099 Berlin
NOTICE:  This email message is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
PGP 2048RSA/0x2C5020E9          964C E189 0FF0 8882  2BAB 65E2 6912 1FF2

More information about the Rtir mailing list