[Rtir] 1.1.5 issues: Bulk Reject, Refine, Classification

Phil Rodrigues phil.rodrigues at nyu.edu
Thu Feb 24 13:18:14 EST 2005

Thanks for the reply,

>>1)  Bulk reject does not work.  It returns an error of "Ticket 111:
>>Cannot reject Incident Report #111. Only new reports may be rejected."
>>However, when I view the Incident Report in RT it shows a Status of
>>"new".  These reports can be Taken and manually Quick Rejected one by one.
>
> Bulk reject works well for me...

After the custom field permission changes below, Bulk Reject now works.
  (Odd?)

>>2)  Refine Search does not work.  When I click through RTIR -> Incidents
>>-> Refine, or RTIR -> Incident Reports -> Refine, etc I only see two of
>>the three table elements that RT shows.  "Add Criteria" and "Display
>>Columns" are present, but the final "Do the Search" row, with the
>>"Search" button, is absent.  In RT all three elements are present, and
>>there is a "Search" button to click.
>
> After building your query you can just click on the 'Results' in the menu bar on the left

Ahh - user error.  At least that was an easy fix.

>>3) Classification, Function, and Constituency do not work.  Previous
>>versions of RTIR let me set the Classification of the Incident, but in
>>1.1.5 I no longer get a drop-down menu.  When I view the Incident after
>>it has been created, all those fields are set to "open".  (We liked the
>>ability to set Classification of tickets, in order to later report on
>>their various totals.)
>
> Actualy there are unsuficient rights for the duty team. You have to add ones in
> RT->Configuration->Global->Group Rights
> Duty Team:
> AdminCustomField
> AssignCustomFields
> SeeCustomField

Thanks, this was key.  I added one additional right so the DutyTeam
could assign classifications, etc:

ModifyCustomField

So it looks like 1.1.5 did not create the correct Group Rights when the
DB init script was run?

Phil