[Rtir] RTIR Upgrade problems part 2

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 07:13:47 EDT 2006

On 9/19/06, Steven McIntosh <s.mcintosh at compserv.gla.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After fixing the Clone problem, there are still a number of problems I am experiencing.
>
> System info:
>
> Fedora Core 3
> mysql 4.1.9
> Apache/1.3.33 mod_perl/1.29
> perl 5.8.6
>
> Upgraded RT from 3.4.1 to 3.7
> Upgraded RTIR from 1.1.5 to 1.9
I hope you've done upgrade steps described in UPGRADING file

> Before I upgrade again I was hoping that someone could clarify that the problems I am experiencing
> are addressed by the updates available via svn. As I would like to know whether they are query
> related or database related. Maybe something went wrong during the upgrade that I should fix before
> applying yet more updates.
>
> The problems I am experiencing are:
>
> 1. The RTIR section does not return any results. The main page has no tickets shown under the
> headings, even though there are many in the database and can be accessed via RT. This is also the
> case when you click on Incidents, Incident Reports and Investigations. Is this a query problem or
> database problem?
Do you see errors or lists on the page are empty? Do you check as
SuperUser or as member of DutyTeam?

> 2. The links no longer work. Links between Incidents and Investigations no longer appear on the web
> UI. There is still a Links table in the db, so again is this a query or a database problem?
I think it's related to rights user have. DutyTeam group should be
granted with all rights you need after upgrade.

> 3. When in any of the RTIR queues and you click on refine, I get an error (sometimes):
>
> Error during compilation of /opt/rt3/share/html/RTIR/Search/Elements/ProcessQuery:
> Can't locate YAML/Base.pm
Please, send full error message with stack trace.

> Although that module is installed and in the @INC path. If you refresh the page a number of times it
> seems to find the module and all is well. Any ideas about what may be causing this.
>
> Also if I should update to the latest what is the URL for the svn downloads?
svn ls svn://svn.bestpractical.com/rt/branches
* 3.7-EXPERIMENTAL is branch with latest changes in RT 3.7
* 3.7-EXPERIMENTAL-RTIR-2.0 is snapshot of the 3.7-EXPERIMENTAL, in
this branch we commit bugfixes only

svn ls svn://svn.bestpractical.com/rtir/branches/
* 2.0-TESTING contains latest RTIR 2.0 branch and should work fine
with both 3.7-EXPERIMENTAL-RTIR-2.0 and 3.7-EXPERIMENTAL, but
3.7-EXPERIMENTAL-RTIR-2.0 is recommended as more stable snapshot
* 2.1-EXPERIMENTAL is latest development branch with newest features
and works well only with 3.7-EXPERIMENTAL branch

> I am considering restoring the old version but there are features of the new version that I would
> find very useful. Thanks for any help regarding these matters.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve

Best regards, Ruslan.