[Rtir] RTIR 2.4 and RT 3.8.8 - incompatibility Again

Suliman Alsamhan s_samhan at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 04:17:20 EDT 2010

Dear All,

I am new to RTIR and RT. I installed RT 3.8.8 and RTIR 2.4.3.

While testing the application I got this error:
Can't use string ("") as a subroutine ref while "strict refs" in use at
/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-IR/html/Callbacks/RTIR/Elements/RT__Ticket/ColumnMap/Once
line 16.

I search the internet and found a post by Jesse Vincent explaining a patch to solve this issue.
I need more information about this page since the email was very summarized. I need to understand the following:
1. What file do I need to create and what is the file path and name.
2. What is the content of this file?
3. How to apply the changes to the system (what configuration file to change and how)

I really appreciate your help.

Regards
Suliman