[Rtir] Block state change not working

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Jan 31 14:03:53 EST 2011

I'm seeing the following message in syslog when I create a block. More
accurately I think this may occur when a member of the duty team
responds to the block request. I expect the state to change from
'pending activation' to 'active' but it stays as 'pending activation'.

RT: Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /opt/rt3/l
ocal/lib/RT/Condition/RTIR_BlockActivation.pm line 33.
(/opt/rt3/local/lib/RT/Co
ndition/RTIR_BlockActivation.pm:33)

I think the error may mean that the IsApplicable routine in the file
above always returns 0 and thus no state change occurs.

Does this make sense and is there a fix for this?

I'm running RTIR 2.3.17 on RT 3.7.26.

Many thanks.

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold,                        Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6093
Head of IT Security,                Fax: +44 (0) 705 344 3082
Manchester M13 9PL.                 Email: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk