[Rtir] Some RT 4.0.5 / RTIR 3.0.0 problems

Marco Thorbruegge marco.thorbruegge at cert.europa.eu
Wed Mar 14 10:58:13 EDT 2012

Hello,

(for better readability i use RT3 = RT 3.8.10 / RTIR 2.6.1 and RT4 = RT
4.0.5 and RTIR 3.0.0 rc1)

so far most problems i faced resulted from RT3 running on the same
machine. After commenting out everything but RT4 in
/etc/apache2/sites-available/default, and cleaning up the Mason cache
RT4 starts well.

One problem persists since RT3:

when i invoke a "Search" from the RTIR-menue (RTIR->Search->New Query),
whatever i use as search term, i'm redirected to "localhost", when i
start the query from the main menue it works fine:

http://<MYSERVER>/RTIR/Search/?NewQuery=1 results in:

http://localhost/RTIR/Search/Results.html?<etc>

and

http://<MYSERVER>/Search/Build.html results (correctly) in

http://<MYSERVER>/Search/Results.html?<etc>

Any hint where the problem lies?

I'll continue testing around, but so far (with our small database) the
upgrade from RT3 to RT4 worked quite well.

Please let me know if you want me to test something in particular!

Best regards,
Marco