[Rtir] No email on investigations

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Nov 15 11:04:47 EST 2013

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 03:15:53PM +0000, Peter Bates wrote:
> My upgraded RT/RTIR is receiving email fine,
> deposited nicely into the 'Incident Reports' queue.
>
> If I try and launch an investigation or reply -
> no email is sent.

And who is listed as 'getting email', in what roles, what's in your
logs, etc etc.  Without this information, we really can't help you.

> If I go back to plain RT I can see the 'General' queue
> but if an external user emails to that they get a 'ticket permission' error.

RTIR doesn't grant any rights on the General queue.
If you want to use that Queue, you have to set up the rights yourself.

> However generating a new ticket in that queue with an external CC
> sends email as expected.
>
> As I've never had this system in production as such,
> I'm tempted to dump everything and start from a blank RT slate
> and then put RTIR back on top.

Assuming from this section, that you were attempting to CC someone
from your Investigation, you skipped this part of the upgrading
documentation.

http://bestpractical.com/docs/rtir/3.0/UPGRADING-3.0.html#Notifications

-kevin