[Rtir] RTIR Installation - [ERROR] detected in Apache config (line 19)

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Jan 27 11:26:10 EST 2014

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 10:11:27PM -0500, Brian Hardy wrote:
>    I've installed RT 4.0.19 and RTIR 3.0 on Ubuntu Server 12.04 in a VM. When I installed RT and
>    rebooted to test, Apache/MySql both came up and I could connect to the web server. However,
>    once I installed RTIR 3 and rebooted, I could not connect to the web server and apache is not
>    running. It appears that apache boots before mysql and this causes an error. I'm getting the
>    following syslog error as well, any assistance would be appreciated.
>    Thanks,

MySQL needs to be running before Apache starts so that RT can connect.
The specifics of changing the order of boot scripts are naturally
specific to your distribution.  On ubuntu, you probably want
man update-rc.d
In my experience, ubuntu already sets mysql to start well before
apache, so I expect some other misconfiguration (perhaps you've
disabled starting mysql at reboot).

-kevin