[Rtir] RTIR 3.2.0rc1 Available for testing

James Mcloughlin james.mcloughlin at ja.net
Fri Oct 24 05:40:46 EDT 2014

Hi Marcus,

On 24/10/14 09:06, Marcos Orallo wrote:

> - it asks for the RT::IR version I'm upgrading from. - it shows all
> the RT versions later than RT 3.0, up to 4.2.7, instead of RTIR
> versions.

We have just been through this ourselves (albeit with mysql rather
than postgres), and we are now successfully running on RTIR 3.0.2
using Debian packages also.

Here is the relevant portion of our procedure:

Upgrade RT data:

 rt-setup-database-4 --action upgrade --dba rt-system
- --prompt-for-dba-password

    On Mysql we then log in to the RTDB server to add some new
indexes. Not sure if this is needed with Postgess..:

 CREATE INDEX UPGRADE_TRANSACTIONS_TYPE ON Transactions (Type, Field);
 CREATE INDEX UPGRADE_TRANSACTIONS_NEW ON
Transactions(Field,ObjectType, Type, NewReference);
 CREATE INDEX UPGRADE_TRANSACTIONS_OLD on
Transactions(Field,ObjectType, Type, OldReference);
 CREATE INDEX UPGRADE_OCFV_STATUS ON
ObjectCustomFieldValues(Content,Disabled,CustomField);

    If using Request-Tracker-4 Debian packages, you can do the
following to update the RTIR data:

 cd /usr/src/RT-IR-3.0.2
 rt-setup-database-4 --action insert --datafile etc/upgrade/2.6.2/content
 rt-setup-database-4 --action insert --datafile etc/upgrade/2.9.0/content
 rt-setup-database-4 --action insert --datafile
etc/upgrade/3.0.0rc2/content

    On Mysql, you then log in to the RTDB server and remove the
temporary indexes:

 DROP INDEX UPGRADE_TRANSACTIONS_TYPE ON Transactions;
 DROP INDEX UPGRADE_TRANSACTIONS_NEW ON Transactions;
 DROP INDEX UPGRADE_TRANSACTIONS_OLD ON Transactions;
 DROP INDEX UPGRADE_OCFV_STATUS ON ObjectCustomFieldValues;

Your data should now be fully updated

- --
Jamie Mcloughlin     0870 850 2340     PGP: FF7746C1
JANET CSIRT (+44 1235 822 340)
Lumen House, Library Avenue, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0SG