[rtir] Fwd: Making Changes to RTIR_Config.pm

Jim Brandt jbrandt at bestpractical.com
Wed Dec 16 13:45:50 EST 2015

Hi Nicole,

A couple of answers for you:

* On versions, RTIR 3.2 runs on RT 4.2, RTIR 3.0 runs on RT 4.0.
Crossing versions can cause issues. You can find the version notes in
the README for reference:

https://bestpractical.com/docs/rtir/3.2/README.html

* For setting configuration, you can create a new file named
RTIR_SiteConfig.pm and put it in the same directory as your
RT_SiteConfig.pm, which should be the etc directory wherever RT is
installed. Some details here:

https://bestpractical.com/docs/rtir/3.2/RTIR_Config.html

However, I don't think there is a configuration option to address your
specific question.

On the specific behavior you asked about, are you closing Incidents
while there is still a block active? RTIR uses the Incident ticket as
the central hub of all activity for an incident, so it's designed to
keep the incident open as long as any linked child tickets are open.
However, when you select Actions -> Resolve to resolve an incident, it
drops you in an update page will all children also available for status
and message updates. This makes it easy to resolve the incident and
linked children all at once. Maybe this status update is what's setting
the block as removed?

If you uncheck the block update and try to resolve the incident, you'll
see a message " Status of the Incident left unchanged; not all children
were updated." The idea is the incident shouldn't be resolved if the
block is still outstanding. However, you could resolve other child
tickets like Investigations while waiting for a block to be removed. You
can find some detail here:

https://bestpractical.com/docs/rtir/3.2/Tutorial.html#Resolving-an-Incident

Jim