[rtir] Changing the layout of RTIR incidents

Jim Brandt jbrandt at bestpractical.com
Mon Jan 4 14:50:37 EST 2016

Hi Dave,

You can change the default "Custom Fields" heading using the Custom
Field Grouping feature. In your RTIR_SiteConfig.pm (or RT_SiteConfig.pm)
you can add a section like this:

Set(%CustomFieldGroupings,
         'RTIR::Ticket' => [
             'Local Details'     => ['My Custom Field'],
         ],
);

This will create a new tab heading called "Local Details" and display
"My Custom Field" in it. You can include multiple custom fields with a
comma-separated list and you can define multiple headings to create as
many tabs as you like. You an read more here:

https://bestpractical.com/docs/rtir/3.2/RTIR_Config.html#CustomFieldGroupings
https://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/4.2/RT_Config.html#CustomFieldGroupings

And a blog post with some screenshots:

http://blog.bestpractical.com/2013/10/whats-new-in-42-grouping-custom-fields.html