[svk-devel] Porting SVK

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Thu Aug 10 13:03:07 EDT 2006

Marcus Brito wrote:
> Suppose I'm porting SVK to another language (java), and I already have a
> complete working subversion API (which I do: http://tmate.org/svn). Is
> there any documentation, or any other material I should browse before
> delving into source code?

Just of out curiousity, why do you want to port it to Java? Is it just to use
it's API from Java programs? If so, I'd suggest looking at the Inline::Java perl
module. Not only does it allow Perl to use Java libs, but also Java to use Perl
libs.

I imagine translating a dynamic language with closures, etc into Java would be a
real pain.

--
Michael Peters
Developer