[svk-devel] Re: Status of SVK trunk on Windows?

Kevin Light klight at walkertechnical.com
Fri Aug 18 13:44:02 EDT 2006

> Hi Kevin and Richard. What's the status of your project of making it
> easy to install SVK (trunk, etc) on Windows? I want to fix up SVK's
> locking and would like to test on Win32 in my Parallels VM, but last
> time I tried my win32-fu wasn't strong enough to get Perl and SVK
> installed.

David,

Strawberry Perl has left me in a stuck state as some of SVK's dependencies have dependencies that do not agree with MinGW/Win32.  Really weird stuff like line continuations failing to be recognized as such in one case.  I've been distracted by $Work but I'm hoping to get some time for some poking and asking some questions in the next few days.

Just today I tried trunk again with VC6 which cleanly builds SVK-1.08. Here is a link the Makefile.PL and test results:
http://home.comcast.net/~klight/svk-trunk/

I'm open for suggestions to try or if someone would like my Perl image to test with, I'll pass it along.

Kevin