[svk-devel] Re: Status of SVK trunk on Windows?

David Glasser glasser at mit.edu
Fri Aug 18 14:12:51 EDT 2006

On 8/18/06, Kevin Light <klight at walkertechnical.com> wrote:

> Strawberry Perl has left me in a stuck state as some of SVK's
> dependencies have dependencies that do not agree with MinGW/Win32.
> Really weird stuff like line continuations failing to be recognized
> as such in one case.  I've been distracted by $Work but I'm hoping
> to get some time for some poking and asking some questions in the
> next few days.

Hmm. That is weird. Best of luck wth that.

> Just today I tried trunk again with VC6 which cleanly builds SVK-1.08. Here is a link the Makefile.PL and test results:
> http://home.comcast.net/~klight/svk-trunk/

So as a really-non-windows person... VC6 is a C compiler that's only
available by purchase? And this is using some build of Perl completely
different from Strawberry?

(By the way, at least one or two of the failures near the bottom just
mean that SVN-Mirror is out of date -- sync-replace-nocopy is
something I added last night to test a bug fix in SVN-Mirror trunk
(not yet CPANned).)

--dave

--
David Glasser | glasser at mit.edu | http://www.davidglasser.net/