[svk-devel] Re: svk pull: individual revisions, attributed to the original author

Pazu pazu at pazu.com.br
Wed Aug 23 13:11:24 EDT 2006

David Glasser wrote:

 > svk sm -I -t //local/my-project

Good to know that, David. Is there any reason why there isn't an option
to do the same using pull? Actually, 'help pull' mentions a --lump
option, and that would make you think that pull is incremental by default.

 > The -t means "to", and the "-I" means "incremental".  Note that you
 > really should specify the depotpath and not just default to the
 > working copy, since otherwise it will merge directly into the checkout
 > instead of into the repo.

No worries. Actually I'm not even using svk working copies, but plain
svn ones (checked out from a local branch). IDEA integration with svn is
too good to give that up.

 > ... on the other hand, what are you actually trying to do? Are you
 > just trying to use "svk blame" without seeing every single change as
 > from you? Try "svk blame -x".

Actually, as mentioned above, I'm using svn WC's. IDEA (and many other
programs, I'm sure) has a feature that conveniently shows svn annotate
output for the currently open file (check out [1]). The problem is that
every pulled change shows up as commited by my local user (pazu),
instead of the original author.

Of course, I can always note the revision number and then lookup the
comment for that revision to find out the original commiter, but it
would be much, much nicer if that was already shown.

[1] http://pazu.com.br/dav/idea-annotate.png

-- Marcus Brito