[svk-devel] Log Messages with 2.0rc2

Stig Brautaset stig at brautaset.org
Thu Dec 28 08:42:04 EST 2006

> When I do a smerge from //local/repo to //mirror/repo, i generally
> use the following incantation, learned from the older svk versions:
>
> svk sm -l --verbatim --no-ticket //local/repo //mirror/repo/trunk
>
> Now, I've done this twice in the last two days, and the second time
> ended up including log messages from the previous commit. Why would
> that be?

At a guess, it would be because you specified --no-ticket. As far as
I understand, you told svk to perform a merge but to not record that
it has done so. The next time you merged it would therefore not know
that it had already merged changes and even though the changes are
already present it would pull in the logs again.

Why were you using --no-ticket? Its documentation says:

      --no-ticket            : do not record this merge point

Seems fairly clear to me that this is not what you want in most cases.

Stig