[svk-devel] Log Messages with 2.0rc2

G. Richard Bellamy rbellamy at pteradigm.com
Thu Dec 28 13:29:39 EST 2006

> Why were you using --no-ticket? Its documentation says:
>
>       --no-ticket            : do not record this merge point
>
> Seems fairly clear to me that this is not what you want in most cases.

Well... My understanding is that the --no-ticket is a convenience item,
rather than a requirement for smerge to properly merge changes. I was
under the impression that without the ticket, svk would pay attention to
the revision numbers, since it DOES track those implicitly, and note
that the log message had already been committed with a prior revision.

But you make a good case.

I don't use tickets because it populates the destination repo with
information specific to MY repo, which strikes me as possibly unseemly.
In my mind the destination repo should only have and maintain data which
is specific to the repo, not any of it's subscribers. But that's just my
opinion.

BTW, what I describe is how I remember the 1.0 branch of svk working,
but I could be wrong.

- Richard