[svk-devel] Multiple rev checkout of same branch (trunk) - More findings

Daniel Jacobowitz drow at false.org
Sun Dec 31 17:13:48 EST 2006

This is a bit old but I didn't see a reply; sorry if this is a
duplicate.

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 05:15:46PM -0800, Mark Grimes wrote:
> Is there any other information I can pull out of the repo that would
> assist why I can do nothing with the earlier revisions? (Even though I
> can cat files from rev 2, and do other things with the depot itself?!)
>
> Interestingly enough I'm discovering the dump and restore from one fsfs
> repo to another was not much success...

There is nothing wrong with your repository, in fact.  The -r option
does not do what you think it does; take a look at the description of
pegged revisions in the SVN book.

> (mark at entropy /tmp) svk ls -r2 /abcd/
> abcd/
> (mark at entropy /tmp) svk ls -r3 /abcd/
> abcd/
> (mark at entropy /tmp) svk ls -r4 /abcd/
> abcd/
> (mark at entropy /tmp) svk ls -r10 /abcd/
> abcd/
> (mark at entropy /tmp) svk ls -r30 /abcd/
> abcd/
> (mark at entropy /tmp) svk ls -r40 /abcd/
> branches/
> tags/
> trunk/
>
> Yet:
>
> (mark at entropy /tmp) svk ls -r30 /abcd/abcd/
> Filesystem has no item: File not found: revision 48, path '/abcd'

That's true.  It's trying to look for /abcd/abcd/ on HEAD, and look at
revision 30 of _that object_, wherever it may have been at revision 30.
If you want the object that was at /abcd/abcd/ in revision 30, try
"svk ls /abcd/abcd/@30" instead.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery