[svk-devel] Win32 test path separator patch against trunk

Matthew Draper matthew at trebex.net
Sat Jul 29 13:57:58 EDT 2006

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 03:05:48PM -0400, Kevin Light wrote:
> ----- David Glasser <glasser at mit.edu> wrote:
> > Random technical point: do your patch files on disk really have these
> > extra newlines after the --- +++ and @@ lines, or is this mangling
> > from the mail system or something?
>
> The patch file does indeed have the extra blank lines.  Previous
> patches also have them so its nothing new.  My guess is that its a
> win32 eol thing when the patch is created.

Yeah... if I recall correctly, those two lines always end in CRLF (on
Win32), while the actual diff content has whatever line ending is
applicable for the file.  There could well be a TODO test for this -- or
I may have just intended to write one. :)

Presumably the fact that the CRLF sequence has ended up as two newlines
can be attributed to the mail system.

It's way past my bed time right now, but it would be interesting to see
how it behaves against a CRLF file on a non-Win32 platform. For that
matter, I'm not sure how I think it should behave. :P

Matthew

matthew at trebex.net