[svk-devel] svk mirror problems after checking in big piece of code and inerruption of another svk operation(don't remember which)

Alexander Wolfson alexander.wolfson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 18:59:55 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have a problem synchronising my local svk repository with the server.

Some background - we are looking at the svn/svk solution for the distributed
development between MA, USA and Shanchai, PRC
To try it I created a repository on the local PC. It runs svn:// server
We are using svn 1.4.0 and svk 1.06 on Ubuntu 6.01. svk came with the distro
and I built the svn myself.

We mirrored and sync this server to SH it was very fast and then added a
Linux kernel code from SH to this server using svk. It took ~40 min for 250
MB of code - practicaly network performance.
After that there was a network glich or something when I was moving stuf
around. My laptop has depot //BBshare - which mirrored the same repository.
Now I can not merge code between mirrored and local branches from my laptop.

Something was scewed up in my old
//BB depot so I
svk cp //BB //BBlocal , which was successful

svk smerge //BBlocal //BBsync/
gives now an error
no source found on /BB/branches/phase2 at /usr/share/perl5/SVN/Mirror.pm
line 102.

svk ls //BB/branches/phase2 - shows code as well as
svk ls svn://hdlw8525/branches/phase2

The odd thing is that when I try
 svk rm //BB it gives me a message

//BB contains mirror, remove explicitly: //BB/branches/phase2

svk mirror --list gives me

Path                    Source
//BBsync                svn://hdlw8525

So there is no //BB related path mentioned.

svk rm //BB/branches/phase2
gives the same error
no source found on /BB/branches/phase2 at /usr/share/perl5/SVN/Mirror.pm
line 102

The Mirror.pm code starting from the line 100 -

   if ($root->check_path ($self->{target_path}) != $SVN::Node::none) {
    $self->{rsource} = $root->node_prop ($self->{target_path},
'svm:rsource');
    $self->{source} ||= $root->node_prop ($self->{target_path},
'svm:source')
        or die "no source found on $self->{target_path}";
    }

Again at some point checkin operation crashed or I killed it myself - I
don't remember and there is a big chunk of code in the depot in
//BB/branches/phase2

Could anybody suggest how to approach this problem?

Thanks,

Alex