[svk-devel] Data::Hierarchy 0.40, and backwards compatibility

Michael Brouwer mb.7766 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 12:15:30 EST 2006

We already break backwards compatibility for reading ~/.svk/config when
going from 1.0x to trunk due to the upgrade from YAML < 0.60 to YAML-Syck in
trunk.  So changing DH to an incompatible format in trunk doesn't really
change anything as far as backwards compatibility with 1.0x is concerned.
It's gone anyway.  Of course it would be nice if 1.0x would know how to use
DH-0.40 as well so that you coud still use 1.0x and trunk at the same time
if you upgraded both YAML to 0.60 or later and DH to 0.40 or later for 1.0x.

Michael