[svk-devel] Moving a depo to a different host

Chia-Liang Kao clkao at clkao.org
Wed Nov 15 20:00:30 EST 2006

On 15/11/06, Adrian Simmons <adrinux at perlucida.com> wrote:
> I've been happily using svk to manage my web sites for a while but I'm a
> little unsure how to proceed now.

Great!

> I want to move my depo to a different machine, currently it's in my 'home'
> folder on my OSX box, I'd like to move it to my home folder on my debian box.
> What's the best way to go about this? My first thoughts were around "svk
> depotmap --relocate", but that doesn't seem practical across filesystems.
> Would and svk dump and then load into the depo on the new machine be the way
> to go? Or is it even possible to physically copy the depo over and alter the
>   config by hand in some way?

Yes, you can cp the depo to the server, if you are using the fsfs
backend (which should be true, check fs-type inside the repository).

Then you need to switch from direct access to mirror access. move away
your ~/.svk/local and do svk co svn+ssh://home/path/to/depo, answer a
few questions and you should be all set.

Cheers,
CLK