[svk-devel] Moving a depo to a different host

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Fri Nov 17 11:54:55 EST 2006

Chia-Liang Kao wrote:
> Yes, you can cp the depo to the server, if you are using the fsfs
> backend (which should be true, check fs-type inside the repository).
Not perhaps the extensive answer I was looking for :)
But good to know that it was possible. In the cold light of the next morning
I re-read the svk book and things looked clearer.

For the benefit of anyone else that searches the list archive here's what
ended up doing to move my depo to the debian machine (dell) from my G4 mac:

- copied ~/.svk from G4:/users/adrian to dell:/home/adrian with Nautilus
- on dell, listed repos
svk depotmap --list

- removed the multi46 repo which is not part of local, and still on the G4
svk depotmap --detach /multi46

- remapped local
svk depotmap --relocate // /home/adrian/.svk/local
- answered no to the following question
Repository /Users/adrian/.svk/local does not exist, create? (y/n)n
Depot '' relocated to '/home/adrian/.svk/local'.

svk depotmap --list
- gives:
Depot                   Path
//                      /home/adrian/.svk/local

svk co //multi47/local/multi47 /var/www/multi47

- operations on the working copy work fine.

> Then you need to switch from direct access to mirror access. move away
> your ~/.svk/local and do svk co svn+ssh://home/path/to/depo, answer a
> few questions and you should be all set

Ah yes, I was wondering if there was an easier way than setting up
apache-mod-dav-svn etc given that It's a single user repository. Thanks.
Looks like I need to add to my personal mental repository of svk commands,
thus far I've ignored push, pull and mirror :)

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>