[svk-devel] svk for svn 1.4.x on win32

Chris Thomas chris.alex.thomas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 10:22:10 EST 2006

hi,

I wrote a project which was to help me in some way regarding what you
are talking about, originally to help me run mozilla firefox from
portable devices, but I extended and rewrote parts and I called it
PortableSVK, it's part of the PortableProgram project on sourceforge.

sf.net/projects/portableprogram

(there is no homepage yet)

but I wanted to execute SVK from my portable hdd without conflicting
with my other perl which was installed alongside gcc and the other
toolsets we all have, so this mitigates the problem, however the other
idea was that with a single executable, I can run SVK from anywhere on
the device and on any drive letter, which can cause problems for some
people going from machine to machine, especially when the drive letter
changes and now their depotpath is invalid (PortableSVK also deals
with this by rewriting the config file as it executes), however, I
would also like to use SVK from the normal run of the mill perl,
instead of it having it's own eco-system and perl setup, which like
you said, isnt optimal.

chris