[svk-devel] svk for svn 1.4.x on win32

David Golden david at hyperbolic.net
Wed Nov 22 10:14:32 EST 2006

> Hi!
>
> I know this ML is for developers, but clkao asked me to send my
> question here, so here it is:
>
> will it be a SVK 1.08 (or newer) built for win32 with binding for SVN1.4.x?

As a slight tangent to this thread, I keep hearing rumors that
Subversion may or may not be able to compile with MinGW on Windows --
various Google searches have been inconclusive.

If anyone with some compiler-fu can figure it out, I'd love to be able
to build SVK natively using Strawberry Perl.  It would take several
steps -- bundling SWIG with Strawberry for example, but I've held off
trying any of that pending a MinGW-compatible Subversion.

As a side-side note, I'd also like to see a PAR .exe version of SVK
instead of one that leaves a perl.exe in a directory.  Depending on
paths, it can conflict with other installed perls.

Regards,
David