[svk-devel] Building SVK from source on MacOS X

Pazu pazu at pazu.com.br
Thu Oct 12 08:59:46 EDT 2006

I just tried to install SVK from the latest svn sources, on MacOS X:

mini:~ pazu$ uname -a
Darwin mini.intranet.ecore.com.br 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Mon
Sep 25 19:42:00 PDT 2006; root:xnu-792.13.8.obj~1/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

I have perl 5.8.8 installed from darwin ports:

mini:~ pazu$ perl -v
This is perl, v5.8.8 built for darwin-2level

I noticed that SVK Makefile.PL was supposed to automatically install all
dependencies if you have CPAN and Module::Install (which I do)
available. However, after running 'sudo make', and installing lots of
dependencies, SVK still wouldn't run. I had to manually install from CPAN: