[svk-devel] "checkout -N" + "update" doesn't behave like Subversion

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 18 14:41:06 EDT 2006

"Chia-Liang Kao" <clkao at clkao.org> writes:

> In svk we do this a bit different to simplify things.  Missing entries
> (! when you do svk st) are treated as local changes and aren't brought
> back when you do svn up.  Instead, you can do revert -R to bring them
> back, just like with other local changes made.

Aha!!  Excellent.   And I presume that SVK is smart enough not
to consider these "local changes" as "deletes" so that when I
'svk commit' and eventually push back to the Subversion repository
"the right thing" will happen?   Excellent!  Thanks!

I knew there had to be a way to do it.

> Cheers,
> CLK

-derek