[svk-devel] Confused about how to manage a forked project

Victor Ng crankycoder at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 14:45:57 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have a set of changes that I want to manage on a project that I
don't have commit access to and I'm having some problems with using
SVK to manage this.

In a nutshell, I want to fork a project to get minor changes applied,
but I also want to track any new changes that happen in the 'real' SVN
repository.

Basically I have the following 2 SVN urls:

http://server-a.com/svn

and

http://server-b.com/svn

I've got server-a's trunk mirrored, and I've branched in my depot.  I
can successfully make changes and commit those changes back into my
branch.

What I need to do though is have those changes saved back to
server-b's SVN repository in case my local computer blows up.

I've seen the following link on syncing different repos:

http://svk.bestpractical.com/?SyncReposBetweenServers

but it's not very clear what site1 or global are and I'm doing something wrong.

I get the following error:

"Invalid filesystem path syntax: Invalid editor anchoring; at least
one of the input paths is not a directory and there was no source
entry".

help!
vic

--
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
stupidity."  - Hanlon's Razor