[svk-devel] "make test" failures from r2078 of SVK trunk

Michael Hendricks michael at ndrix.org
Tue Oct 31 23:05:00 EST 2006

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 01:32:24PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> I just updated to r2078 but there appear to be a number of
> test failures.  What do these test failures mean?

clkao reported similar failures on a BSD box.  It looks like there's a
problem with is_binary_file in SVK::Util.  That seems strange to me
since that sub is basically just a call to Perl's "-T" file test
operator.  I haven't been able to duplicate the problem locally.  Could
you try the following from inside a checkout of trunk?

 prove -l t/20add-nomime.t
 perl -Ilib -MSVK::Util=is_binary_file -e 'print "binary\n" if is_binary_file(shift)' t/checkout/add-nomime/mime/false.bin

If is_binary_file is working correctly, you should get no output.  If
it's broken, you'd see "binary"

--
Michael