[svk-devel] File size limit exceeded with smerge

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Wed Sep 13 19:32:14 EDT 2006

Guillon Christophe wrote:
> The use case is:
> A distant svn repository: http://server.org/svnroot/project
> I want a local svn repository: file:///local/svnroot/project
> The local and distant svn repository are mirrored by SVK and smerge back
> and forth.

Are you aware that the SVK repository you created in step #1 of your example is
a fully functional SVN repository?  Why do you want to have another SVN
repository locally?  As long as you exclusively use SVK for merges, you can
treat its repository exactly as if it were a Subversion repository.

I do something similar to this all the time:

A) I have SVK repositories on my dev machine that I use for small projects and
to mirror external repositories

B) All of my development is done using SVK

C) I have a svnserve instance pointing at my .svk directory

D) When I want to deploy one of the projects on another machine in our network,
I use ssh tunneling to forward the svnserve port

E) The deployment machine uses a standard Subversion client targeting a path
like svn://localhost/repos/project/trunk

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group