[svk-devel] More memory than you can throw an svk-delete at...

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Mon Apr 16 11:56:39 EDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 11:12:05AM +0100, Chisel Wright wrote:
> I've attached a shell script that'll create a test svn repository and
> manipulate it to get to a point where we can "svk up" and watch the box
> we're using descend into swap hell.

Out of interest, have any svk2 users tried the script? Did you
experience the memory usage problem at all?

I reverted back to 1.08 this morning, and running the script just now,
the "svk up" at the end took about 5-10 seconds instead of a couple of
hours/overnight.

>From my perspective, there's definitely something odd going on with the
delete algorithm with svk2.

Chisel
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

  SELECT message FROM signatures ORDER BY RANDOM() LIMIT 1;